The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- 以公司名义炒楼 再转让税收成本很高
- Fixed Income Securities
- 雾霾影响水泥限产或超预期 价格保持高位
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 北京：下月1日起平台不得随意挂房源 in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 香港建筑工人月薪最高近14万人民币 如何赚到？ and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 中国房地产市场中还有多少“韭菜”可以接盘？: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- 深圳：返租型商铺骗局再现东门商圈 to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
Moreover, a “turnaround in the short run is unlikely”, given China’s efforts to rebalance its economy from exports towards consumption (thereby reducing demand for imports of intermediate inputs), reinforced by “government policy to stimulate the use of domestic suppliers” and rising protectionism elsewhere, he argues.
To see that businesses and the public benefit more from our reforms to streamline administration, delegate powers, and improve regulation and services, we must cut red tape, level the playing field, provide greater convenience, and remove that last crucial hurdle.
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- 智能家居热情退潮：易用性差 普通大众不感冒
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
- It is the first time in five years that a single programme broke into the top five, so strong was the hold of the main five global EMBAs.
- 上万元实木家具竟是贴皮假货 消费者被骗直呼“憋屈”
- Belize's proximity to Mexico and the Caribbean ensures the street-food scene, providing an abundance of budget meal options.
- 2/19/2019: Jimmy Tang ’11 Chosen by Forbes as Among the Elite
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)